[Bf-funboard] New Keymap: Interaction suggestion

Gianmichele Mariani g.mariani at liquidnet.it
Thu Apr 12 09:47:55 CEST 2012

Hi all,

I'd love to point you to a small workflow tweak that I have already
implemented through a small python add-on that can save a few shortcuts
when using the manipulator widget.

Essentially the addon checks if the manipulator is shown. If it's hidden
pressing the usual GRS produces the normal Blender behaviour. If they are
shown pressing GRS activates the same functionalities but through the
manipulator.

This saves 3 key bindings and makes the bahaviour consistent. The logic
behind this is that while modeling or doing other operations, Blender
standard interaction is preferrable as it gives more of an organic feeling
but is more cumbersome when you have to constantly switch between
local/global space, confirming, etc. Animation especially is quicker if
done throught he widget.

Let me know what you think (and if you want to try the addon). I'll try
to record a small video this evening when I'm back from work.

.Gian