[Bf-funboard] New Keymap ideas

Matjaz Lamut matjaz.lamut at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 11:46:48 CEST 2012

> Big +1
> so +1 here!
> Really good thoughts, Matjaz!

Thanks :)

numpad 3 - frontview
> numpad 3, numpad 3 - backview
> numpad 1 - left sideview
> numpad 1, numpad 1 - right sideview
> numpad 7 - topview
> numpad 7, numbad 7 - bottom view

I return a +1 as this fits really well with the double-tap key approach and
sounds easier to use than shift+numpad.

I definitely like the double-tap keys as well.  I'm not sure to what
> extent I can modify that from Python, but I'll see what I can do.  At
> some point I'm going to have a laundry list for the devs anyway,
> because of things like there being no "remove" option for the select
> operator, so I can't actually implement the proposed selection model
> yet.  But I'm hacking as much with custom python operators as I can
> for now, just so that people can try it out.

I was wondering about that, how a regular no-python user could do these
double-taps, but found no solution. Nice to hear you're hacking your way
through this and even nicer that there's a laundry list in the making :)
I'm eager to test double-keys in practice.

As far as radial menus go.. mockups!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1482587/Blender%20UI/Radials-mockup.png

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1482587/Blender%20UI/RadialMenu-behaviour.png

Regards,