[Bf-funboard] New Keymap ideas

Nathan Vegdahl cessen at cessen.com
Wed Apr 11 07:39:42 CEST 2012

Really good thoughts, Matjaz!

The radial menu idea is exactly what I had in mind when I chose space
bar for mode switching.  It's also extremely fast even as just a
normal menu, though.  For example: spacebar-2 = edit mode.

I definitely like the double-tap keys as well.  I'm not sure to what
extent I can modify that from Python, but I'll see what I can do.  At
some point I'm going to have a laundry list for the devs anyway,
because of things like there being no "remove" option for the select
operator, so I can't actually implement the proposed selection model
yet.  But I'm hacking as much with custom python operators as I can
for now, just so that people can try it out.

--Nathan