[Bf-funboard] Suggestion for Orthographic Camera Views Keybinding for tablets/laptops/or people who don't want to drop the mouse

Sean Olson seanolson at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 18:30:27 CEST 2012

I've been playing with this setup for a bit now and I think I have stumbled
upon a good solution.  This solution keeps middle mouse tied to navigation
and also uses the alt key which already snaps to orthographic views if
pressed after you start rotation. In practice with the mouse, this setup
seems to work great.  I do wish we could configure doubleclick speed
though, as it seems a bit touchy.  In theory this should work fine on
tablets, but for some reason mine keeps jumping into front view when I
don't tell it to, perhaps some event is stealthily being sent to blender
via tablet that I am unaware of.  In addition, this keyset could sit next
to the use of the number keys without interfering (or it could free the num
keys for something else) Anyway, give the idea a try and give me some
feedback!

The keyset would be this:

alt+mmb tweak north - top view
alt+mmb tweak south - bottom view