[Bf-funboard] New Keymap: selection

Nathan Vegdahl cessen at cessen.com
Sat Apr 7 19:07:51 CEST 2012

> Is that the same as gimp?

I'm not sure.  I've not really done anything in the gimp that requires
selecting things.

But in general, shift="add to selection" is fairly common.  And
ctrl="remove from selection" seems like a natural extension of that.

The main downside to this idea is that .e.g in mesh edit mode there
will be only the alt key remaining to indicate alternate selections
methods (loop select, ring select, shortest-path select, etc.).  But
given the numerous useful selection modes for mesh editing, I think
it's best to find another way for users to indicate them, since there
are more selection methods than modifier keys anyway.

One possibility would be to start treating the letter keys near the
modifier keys as modifier keys themselves.  For example, holding down
C for circle select.

--Nathan