[Bf-funboard] New Keymap: selection

Tomislav Čorak tommyfive at gmail.com
Sat Apr 7 17:44:00 CEST 2012

> Okay, moved here from the development mailing list.  We're discussing
> a new keymap (or really, input map; includes the mouse) for Blender.
> I've started a wiki page here:
> http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Cessen/New_Keymap

+1 for the initiative!!

I'm long time blender user (from cca 2001/02),
i did some custom keymaps, interaction presets and scripts for my personal use,
and have to say: its a mess there.
I hope that we can trough few iterations make a couple usable presets
(for wacom users too/me included)

> First topic is selection!
>
> == Subtopic #1 ==
> I think it's high time we joined the rest of the world and switched
> Blender to use LMB for selection by default.

+10000

== Subtopic #2 ==
I propose that we standardize on "replace" being default, "add" being
shift, and "remove" being ctrl.

I propose addition: (editmode) LBM click + drag = continues selection
now if u click and drag u get into grab operator and after release
u still need to confirm (LMB) or cancel (RMB)

some other thoughts:
-setting the 3d cursor can go to LBM double-click
-power of lasso select (ctrl+selection mouse) can be improved
-some ancient discussions: http://tinyurl.com/d7qv6v8   :)