[Bf-funboard] Multilayer rebuild - corrected

Kovacs Peter G. nihylius at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 29 08:35:23 CET 2010

Sorry for my last post, a had some problem with
word warping,so  again and excuse me:

Hi all,

I am working on many projects with Blender. We built
up a good pipeline around it, we have some scripts
to make it more usable, and so on. I have faced
with a strange problem around the multilayer
OpenEXR file handling. If I am rendering scene in
our current projects with 4 layers and around 20
passes I've got a big EXR file, and I can use it
many ways. It's a good deal. I put it as an input
node into the Blender's Node Editor, and everything
is fine. But If I need to change a layer or some
passes, I re-render it on our farm, and after than
I put the results again into the Node Editor, and
everything goes on its right way. But we are storing
in a 1000 frame sequence est. 37 200 Mb useless data,
and I can't re-build with the corrected passes or
layers the original multilayer image sequence.
Therefore if it is possible we need a multilayer
writer node, to reconstruct a multilayer OpenEXR
file at the end of the compositing tree. Usually
we separate, combine and store the RGBA image files
 in a comp. tree. So it should be a big advantage if
somebody can help with this request.

If you need i can draw a simple pipeline to
represent the logic of my idea.

all the best for ya,

      Peter G. Kovacs
digital vfx artist, producer