[Bf-funboard] Prime Sense Motion Capture

Alfonzo Sanchez alfonzoaqui at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 20:59:22 CET 2010

Folks might know of me as AlfonzoAqui on the blenderartists website.  I've
been working on independent film for the past 8 years, and I use Blender for
my SFX.  My current project is "The Good Ship Marie", where I am interested
in doing it as a completely cgi film (no greenscreen headaches).  For that,
I have been looking at various motion capture systems, with Prime Sense's
unit being the smallest.

Is anybody in the Blender community doing any work with Prime Sense's
sensors?  According to the WIKI there is a project in the works to stream
MOCAP data live, but it doesn't mention who is doing that.

I do have C/C++, SQL, and PERL experience (working on python now).  I would
think this would be developed for the 2.5 branch.

I realize there would be limitations to such a setup, but for the majority
of no-budget productions, this should work out okay.

Alfonzoaqui

www.primesense.com