[Bf-funboard] Converting .max files

Sangwoo Hong sahngwoo at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 20:17:09 CET 2009

True.  One could argue that any 3D file really is a bunch of commands
recreating a 3D scene.  However, maya has an ascii version of this list of
commands which is readable and decipherable by humans beings.  Max doesn't
offer this option though.  Writing a converter which takes scene data and
writes out formatted text strings where all the commands are pretty much
known and documented is one thing but trying to reverse engineer a binary
file where you have no idea what any of the codes mean or where a command
even begins or ends?  I'm sure it's not "impossible" but I certainly won't
waste my time trying to make it happen...