[Bf-funboard] Rigging system

Sangwoo Hong sahngwoo at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 00:22:31 CET 2009

On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 10:01 AM, bassam <bkurdali at freefactory.org> wrote:

> I don't think copying CAT specifically or puppet shop specifically is a
> target, but between improvements to blender core (2.5, animato,
> etchaton) and adding python scripts for autorigging, we will 'get there'
> eventually.

Yeah, I didn't forward the puppet shop stuff so it can be copied but to show
that this sort of functionality could be quite useful.  Looking at the stuff
got me motivated to take a second look at armature and constraints related
python libraries and I'm feeling pretty positive something useful can be
made with it.  I'm thinking I'll script as much of the rigging as possible
on my upcoming projects so I'll have stuff to build on from this point on.
 But if someone much smarter then me with much more time on their hands want
to write something then more power to them! :)

phong.

p.s. Bassam, really enjoyed the DVD.  Hope you update and release more
information in the future.  I'll be sure to spend some real bucks to keep up
with you. :)