[Bf-funboard] Blender - Alt M alternative

Peter Haehnlein hidarikiki at gmx.net
Tue Jan 13 22:26:33 CET 2009

   hm, just a thought, and not for loads of verts, but I could imagine a
tool where you, for example, hover over the left part of an edge, the
edge gets highligted (left part differently from right) and when you hit
a button (I don't think I'd like to aim and shoot with the same hand),
the left vertex gets merged with the right one.

   The behaviour is consistent with 'join area' from the windows.

   If you stay in that 'mode' (the evil M-word) you could aim and merge
quite quickly, much faster than to predict automated behaviour.

   It's like instantaneous selection and execution. For smaller tasks
this seems very fast to me.

   To make it even nastier, something like arrow-up-key and
arrow-left-key trigger 'join to the left/up, right- and down arrowkey do
the opposite.

Haunt