[Bf-funboard] Blender - Alt M

Sangwoo Hong sahngwoo at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 19:27:32 CET 2009

On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 6:27 PM, Robert Wenzlaff (AB8TD) <
rwenzlaff at soylent-green.com> wrote:

> Right next to the Remove Doubles button in the Meshtools panel of the Edit
> Buttons.  It's labled "Limit".

Man, I didn't even realize there was a button for Remove Doubles let alone a
slide which controls the limit distance. I've always just used W,6.

I did notice one problem with remove double's functionality even with the
limit option though.  The problem is Remove Doubles does exactly that.  It
removed the point it considers to be a "double" based on the distance limit
but leaves the "first" point exactly where it started.  (I suspect the
"first" point has a lower vertex index number then the "doubles".)  This can
actually be desirable for the original poster's problem of stitching
together walls if he can control which side of the wall has the lower vertex
indices.  However, sometimes one wants both points to move to the center of
where they were before the merge like in the case of stitching together two
mirrored halves which might not be meeting exactly at some axis = 0.

phong.