[Bf-funboard] Node view tweaks request

Matt Ebb matt at mke3.net
Sun Jan 4 23:45:23 CET 2009

On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 8:28 AM, bassam <bkurdali at freefactory.org> wrote:
> It needn't be an either/or. viewer nodes are valuable for persistent
> needed views that are especially important, but a temporary "view this"
> command/tool/hotkey/what have you would help

Fusion and Shake both work to display the node in the viewer window by
clicking on a button on it, or dragging that node to the window, and I
usually find it far superior to blender's viewer node system. So I'd
very much like to have this option.

One thing that is important though - right now, blender processes the
entire node tree, right down to the render result, even if you're just
viewing further up the graph and not even interested in the
down-stream results. This is wasteful and takes away a lot of the use
of viewing nodes mid-graph, and really needs to be fixed too.

cheers

Matt