[Bf-funboard] Resolution independed compositor and sequencer

IL'dar AKHmetgaleev akhilman at gmail.com
Sun Jan 4 07:49:30 CET 2009

Greetings!

As you know working in large node tree in compositor makes blender
slow. Some times impossible slow. Image proxies (75%,50%,25%) works not
well because of rendered image will look different with 100%.
Problem is values measured in pixels.

I propose to use NDC (Normalized Device Coordinates) coordinate system.
For example we have image with resolution 720x756 and frame aspect
ration 16:9. Point in image centre will heave (0,0) coordinates. In
upper right corner (1,1.777), in lower left corner (-1,-1.777).

Blur with size (0.1,0.1) in this case will stay same in all resolutions
and aspect rations. Same with transformations. We even can setup
compositing and then change resolution, pixel aspect ratio and image
aspect ration without adjusting node values and will have mostly same
result.

With such approach we will get resolution and pixel aspect independent
compositor with full functional image proxies.

Same way might be used for sequencer.

Thanks.

--
Сбт Янв  3 23:19:11 KRAT 2009