[Bf-funboard] Mouse versus hot keys

Roger hovergo at net-tech.com.au
Wed Feb 18 01:28:53 CET 2009

Nathan Letwory wrote:
> 2009/2/17 Tony Mullen <tony.mullen at gmail.com>:
>
>> I'm not really convinced this is true. As Joe said, where there are
>> tradeoffs between ease of learning and speed of use for experienced
>> users, the philosophy that guides Blender is to opt for the latter.
>> And this makes sense also in terms of Blender's public image. If, as
>> you say, some people consider Blender to be a non-serious tool, then
>> slowing its workflow down to make it easier for non-skilled users to
>> get into it is not really going to counter that impression. Seems to
>> me that to get Blender taken seriously, it's much better to cater to
>> highly skilled users who create work that blows people away.
>
> Hear, hear.
>
> /Nathan

I don't understand how any of the previous discussion relates to slowing
Blender nor where so called trade offs come into the equation.

Please would you explain how a couple of mouse clicks is slower or worse than
the existing way.
Suggestions relate to speeding up and making the work flow more linear, so I
would greatly appreciate some detail, in how these are seen as slowing.

Learning Blender never stops it  just gets easier.
I don't understand why beginners as different from learners are considered
another species when the only game in town is using and promoting Blender.

Most of the suggestions we have made in the past are (selfishly) to improve our
work flow, making it cleaner and are made after years of using Blender daily.

Further, as Blender IS seen, albeit by the seriously uninformed,  as a non
serious tool then surely this is the time to eliminate those arguments.

Perplexed, Roger