[Bf-funboard] default file

Sangwoo Hong sahngwoo at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 19:18:10 CEST 2008

First, let me reiterate that what we're talking about here is not changing
some default so it somehow obliterates the "old" way.  As a matter of fact,
since "defaults" are saved out with the file when a current user open their
own files the "defaults" will be overwritten to stay exactly the way they're
used to working.  And, if you use an installer, it'll even bring over your
current default file so the first time you open your brand spanking new
release of Blender it will be exactly how you're used to working out of the
box.

So please, let's bring this discussion back on track to the issue at hand
which isn't about stepping on current user's toes but making it easier to
get more current users.  And please don't argue that if things change to
make it easier for new folks it will be stepping on current users toes.  As
I've pointed out what ever is being proposed does not, should not, and
ultimately will not effect your current working process because we're not
talking about taking away anything.

That said, I was under the impression that the "Left Mouse"/"Right Mouse"
buttons were a toggle which swapped the mouse button binding so things work
the other way around if it's set differently.  If indeed this is not the
case then by all means that is what needs to be rectified so that the choice
is a true toggle so both ways of working can be preserved as is.
Again, we're not talking about a zero sum game here.  Blender is flexible
enough to cater to both parties.  All I'm saying is that even though driving
stick is obviously sexier, there are more cars on the road with automatic
transmissions because it makes the automobile more useful to more people.
 So let's give the new folks automatic transmission to begin with so they
don't stall on the freeway and buy another car...