[Bf-funboard] default file

Roland Hess rolandh at reed-witting.com
Wed Oct 22 13:46:45 CEST 2008

Continuing in this vein, I need to point out that one of the benefits of
the event code refactor for 2.5 will be a nicer level of
scriptability/macro-ing of the interface. This means that (in theory,
and of course just my guess at this point) you could create a "Welcome
newbie" style startup script that gave a five minute guided tour,
including such issues as "Where are the preferences?", "How do I do
anything? (spacebar!)", and of course "What's with the mouse buttons?!"

It WILL be a much friendlier and more inviting environment, even if the
top level doesn't seem to change all that much.

Roland Hess