[Bf-funboard] default file

Roger hovergo at net-tech.com.au
Wed Oct 22 08:05:17 CEST 2008

<snip>
People are complaining a lot about
 > selection by right-click. But this is not the only thing. Beginners
 > expect Blender to work like almost any other program, the expect
 > double-click, drag and drop, standard file-dialogue and other
 > almost standard stuff.
</snip>

This, to me is a complaint similar to gearboxes in cars.
Holden, Ford, Audi, Volvo, Mercedes, Isuzu vehicles all have different gear
stick movements -- no one complains, they just learn to drive the vehicle.
I'm beginning to think that inability or rather not really wanting to learn is
the key to this discussion.
The developers could make Blender so similar that the complaint would be " well
there's no difference -- so why use it "

To solve this easily we need a simple note on startup:
  "BLENDER IS NOT Autocad, max, maya, etc. It Has New, Revolutionary,
Distinctive Methods of Manipulating Objects which once learned will increase
your abiltiies.
Please take the time to learn this modern system"

They will or they won't, either way the complaints stop.
In short Advertise the differences, Put the differences into the consciousness
of the newbie.

Roger