[Bf-funboard] default file

John Fraser blackboe at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 14:52:41 CEST 2008

I'm just wondering if anyone understands why the right/left click thing
is actually good? For those of you who don't know, It's not a question
of being proud of 'non-standardidity' it's more the fact that the
left-mose button already does a huge amount of work with all the menus
and buttons, and that by splitting the different main stages of the
workflow between left and right fingers, you're halving your hand
fatigue and thus presumably reducing the risk of things like carpal
tunnel syndrome etc. If you made left-mouse button to do all the
selecting, the only way you'd be able to balance it again would be
making all the menus and buttons work by right-click. :P

So of the two of them, left-click taking care of the menus and
right-click taking care of modelling functions is probably better. Maybe
if there was an informational bit at the beginning explaining why the
choice was made, and saying 'we think this way is more efficient and
better for you when you get it,  so give it a try, but if you REALLY
can't get the hang of it then the options are here ^' would be more
appropriate than changing the default completely.