[Bf-funboard] default file

Carsten Wartmann cw at blenderbuch.de
Tue Oct 21 09:47:56 CEST 2008

Sangwoo Hong schrieb:
> Here is a list of stuff I came across as the most distressful thing for
> the several new Blender users to figure out.

As old style blender user I am of course against all ;-)

> -Left Mouse vs Right Mouse Button to select.  Defaulting to Left Mouse
> Button would make it easier for new folks.

There is a concept behind this right select. Maybe we are all faster as
soon we are used to it? The right mouse is nearly completely useless in
other applications, a context menu? Wow...

> Defaulting to "View Aligned" being on was another one confusing the new
> folks but I noticed it's been changed in the latest release.

As soon as you know how to navigate in a 3d scene you will want the
aligned view back. I think 2/3rd of all aligned new objects need to be
rotated in the end but when I *think* before creating a new object and
doing it in the right view it is 2/3rd of the time correctly oriented.

Carsten
--
Carsten Wartmann: Autor - Dozent - 3D - Grafik
Homepage:         http://blenderbuch.de/