[Bf-funboard] default file

Sangwoo Hong sahngwoo at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 22:08:21 CEST 2008

On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 1:03 PM, Early Ehlinger <earlye at gmail.com> wrote:

> This is the most surprising and disorienting feature for new users.  Most
> people I've talked to do not proceed to online tutorials for help - they
> simply get confused, give up, and return to familiar territory (LightWave,
> 3dsmax, Maya).  I think it would be better to have the mouse buttons swapped
> and let the tutorials be for an out-of-date version.  The standard on every
> system I'm very familiar with is that left button selects and drags, and
> right button brings up a menu of some sort - being different without a
> compelling reason is something that many users simply find offensive.

Although I agree here I think the issue we're having isn't what is better or
worse but the idea of having a "singular" default which has a choose or
loose kind of connotation which doesn't have to be the case.   I think your
earlier idea of having something which gives users a chance to give feedback
about their level of knowledge about Blender is an elegant solution to the
problem.

Would there be any willingness from a dev to implement something like this?
 How hard is it to do?