[Bf-funboard] Default file changes?

JimmyVolatile spam at useful.no
Tue Oct 14 21:53:46 CEST 2008

Thumbs up! I've made just these very changes to my default-file only
recently after about 3 years of using Blender on and off and I couldn't
agree more with you.

I think most people can cope with and learn to like a novel UI,  but the sad
thing is that maybe the most novel and unique parts of Blenders UI are also
the very first parts new users come in contact with. (I.e. *Right mouse* for
select etc.) By removing the early obstacles and allowing the newbie to
experience more of Blender before fatigue sets in, the first impression is
still a lot more positive.

For example, as a professional low-tech newbie, (like myself) it doesn't
really matter if the competing packages costs $ since it seems like simply
learning Blenders UI will also cost $ (time) even if the software itself is
free.

Only changing "Select" from "Right mouse" to "Left mouse" would help
tremendously in the effort to provide newbies a much more pleasant first
experience in Blender. Also, I can not really think of a good reason why for
instance the select should be kept as it is. Maybe there have been a good
reason but it seems to be obsolete now.

I think that Blenders uniqueness may be very well retained in other parts
and aspects of the application other than the most frequently used parts of
the UI.

With regs,
--
Jimmy Volatile