[Bf-funboard] custom/normal/etc view enhancement possibilities

Bassam Kurdali bkurdali at freefactory.org
Fri May 30 17:19:32 CEST 2008

The patch works great here!
One (potential) hiccup is that the menu could be very big; I get
global/local/normal/view+all my custom views (when rigging, I tend to
have one for every off-axis limb or digit (on one side) right now I have
hand, and five for each digit. so that menu has 4+6=10 items. That's
managable, but if it grows any further it would start to be a pain.

Not sure I have a suggestion, other than (perhaps)
 a- limit it to global/local/normal/view/active-custom orientation?
 b- have a standard menu, but the first item is "current" so you get
global/local/normal/view and even the whole list of custom orientation,
but the first item in the menu is current orientation, so you can hit
ctrl-numpad * enter to align to your active view.
 c- just have current/global/local/normal/view. slightly limiting, but
keeps the menu always the same looking, would work for my particular use
cases, but as always, others may have different uses for the same
feature.

cheers
Bassam