[Bf-funboard] Import and export of sequence editor data?

Sangwoo Hong sahngwoo at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 10:43:13 CET 2008

Let say I have an edit in sequence1.blend and another in sequence2.blend.  I
would now like to take sequence1.blend and merge it with
sequence2.blendwithout rendering out each sequence as an image
sequence or a movie then
creating a sequence3.blend to edit them together.  Instead I want the edited
strips from one .blend file brought in to another .blend file as edited
strips.  Does functionality like this already exists?

I couldn't find one myself in the sequence editor so I tried using
append/link to look in to a .blend file with sequence editor data and I
couldn't find anything which seems like it's the sequence editor data.  If
it's not possible to directly append or link to such data then would be nice
to have an exporter which spits out an edit decision list which can then be
imported back in.

phong