[Bf-funboard] more usability features

Bassam Kurdali bkurdali at freefactory.org
Fri Jun 13 18:57:15 CEST 2008

On Fri, 2008-06-13 at 10:22 -0500, Oscar Dario Franco Galeano wrote:
> Well, what Phong wrote on his previous message made me remember of
> something I didn't write about in my message, he mentioned something
> about a python script
>
> Well, I tried to use the python script to rename objects to make less
> difficult the process of renaming the bones, but I realized the script
> doesn't work for bones, just for objects, so I had to rename one by
> one...
>
> - What about if I could rename any resource(objects, bones, material,
> etc.) from the outliner? it would be really great!
you can, just ctrl-click on the names-I'm not sure it works for
everything though.
> - It would be great too if the renaming script works also for the rest
> of resources, not only for objects
> - The other thing is, is it possible to add a bind/unbind all button
> for activate/deactivate all the meshdeform modifiers in a mesh with
> just one button?
no, I don't think you can.

> The thing is, I have a rig with at least 10 meshdeform modifiers, when
> I edit the mesh, I have to unbind and bind again everyone, one by one
wow that's a lot! I've never had more than 2, perhaps a global
"recalculate modifiers" button, with a way to go through the stack and
recalculate (currently only needed for mesh deform, but perhaps some
future mods too). similarly, it would be good to redo the rest position
on armature stretch to constraints, when you copy the rig to another
mesh.