[Bf-funboard] Default settings.

Sangwoo Hong sahngwoo at gmail.com
Sun Jun 8 04:50:35 CEST 2008

I noticed recently that some features which are already available in
Blenders seems to be not there at first because the tool/function is set to
a default that blocks said function.  Two quick examples I noticed:

-Curves default to 2D mode so it's not possible to edit the curve in 3D
space to start with.  Shouldn't curves be created in 3D mode first?  Why do
we need a 2D mode anyway?

-Shape key min max defaults from 0 to 1.  When rigging faces the inverse of
shape keys are just as important as the shape keys as they were sculpted.
Wouldn't it be easier to have it default to -1 to 1 so the min max doesn't
have to be changed every time a new shape key is added?

I'm bring this up because I figured there must be more people out there
who's had to input some value or press some button over and over again
because it does not default to the value they need more often then the
default.  Any ideas?

phong.