[Bf-funboard] Eular rotation vs Quarternion rotation

Janek Kozicki janek_listy at wp.pl
Tue Jan 22 01:01:33 CET 2008

Stefan Andersson said:     (by the date of Tue, 22 Jan 2008 00:19:33 +0100)

> So where does this leave us? will we forever have those horrible quats
> curves when we animate our armature or is someone willing to
> investigate on how to make thousands of animators happy? :)
>
> And while we (with this I mean "I") are discussion curves, would it be
> possible to have multiple objects viewable in the IPO window? Editing
> lot's of objects at the same time would also be very useful feature.

Hi,

You can implement euler <-> quaternion conversion for
the "editing only" purpose using equations on page 148 from this .pdf:

  http://janek.kozicki.pl/phdthesis/kozicki_2007_PhD.pdf

I implemented all those equations in my code and it all works
really good.

HTH