[Bf-funboard] Eular rotation vs Quarternion rotation

Robert Ives robbibob at gmail.com
Sun Jan 20 20:57:37 CET 2008

I totally agree with you stefan. I brought this up a while ago and there was
some
good responce. There really has to be some work done in the ipo/ curve
editor, and back
to working with eulers in the editor is should be top of the list I think.

As stefan pointed out the final polish when animating should be working in
the curve
editor tweaking keys and interpolations making nice arcs and fine adjusting
the timing, but
its a real battle with the 4 curves we now have on blenders bones.

Getting bones back to a euler interface in the Ipo editor would be a major
boost for
working with armature animation in blender. As stefan also mentioned, people

usally meation that they have a much more stable gimble free ride, but that
is something that
can easily be avoided both in the way the character is rigged and in the
choice of euler order.

Cheers.

--

Robert Ives