[Bf-funboard] Field-Aware compositor nodes

Flávio Cardoso Ferreira Pontes flaviocpontes at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 21:14:05 CET 2008

I too think that fileds should die a horrible death.
They were invented to tackle bandwidth problems they had back in the
50's. They couldn't send an entire frame in a timely manner, so they
just sent half the frmae then the other half and we got to tackle this
curse today.

Anyway. Fields are a reality today in the industry and if we want
blender to be a real contender for that space, the compositor must be
field-aware.
We are already heading in a great direction with the recent changes to
the sequance editor. They sure enhance worflow.

I hope the compositor receives some face-lift too, since then, blender
would have an even greater feature set and the features would be more
complete than any other package in the market.

Flávio.