[Bf-funboard] Weight painting in current pose

Martin Poirier theeth at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 1 15:49:07 CET 2008

--- Arne Schmitz <arne.schmitz at gmx.net> wrote:

> Am Freitag, 1. Februar 2008 14:49:51 schrieb Martin
> Poirier:
> > > So, to summarize: I would like to have the
> weight
> > > paint also in the current
> > > pose, and not only in the rest pose.
> >
> > Weight paint already works on the current pose,
> you
> > have to explicitly set the armature to Rest to
> make it
> > not work that way.
>
> Ok, I mis-formulated my needs: I need to have either
> A) that the current pose
> can be made the rest-pose, or B) that in weight
> paint mode, whenever you
> select a different bone, the armature does not jump
> back to the current pose,
> after you have rotated a bone.

I tried B here and it seemed to work ok (not jump
back). It's probably a restricted bug so it seems to
be bug report time for you.

A would be nice too though. Part of it can already be
done by applying the modifier, what's needed is a way
to apply the current pose in edit mode (can probably
be done with a Py script).

Martin