[Bf-funboard] Interface, Particles and Node editor propositions

Сергей Карелин karamelin at gmail.com
Sat Apr 26 13:20:13 CEST 2008

*Interface*
1. Enable view transforming (rotation, zooming and panning) during
Object/ObData transforming (moving, rotation or scaling).I think there is no
need to comment this. It's just very convinient. And it's possible.
2. Option "Interface highlighting" in User Preferences. When this option is
on blender compare two .blend files: current opened file and another one
which could be default B.blend file, last saved version of current file or
just any file. Then blender highlights in opened file settings (buttons,
numeric fields and other) that is different in this files. It will help to
learn and make tutorials, to remember what was changed during experiments
with blender settings and so on.

*Particles system*
1. Link emitter's vertices position to particles one (one vertex - one
particle). When particles die vertex is erased or stay in one position. It
will simplify creating and especially animating specific effects like
cigarette smoke or ink dissolving in water or something else like
this<http://picasaweb.google.ru/karamelin/Blender/photo#5187641518056703858>
.
2. Hair with Halo material renders with noticeable steps (look
here<http://picasaweb.google.ru/karamelin/Blender/photo#5187641621135918994>).
I didn't find any issue how to correct this. Could it be changed to achieve
smooth particles traces?
3. Is it possible to dupliframe objects linked to particles? It's rather
question then proposition))
*
Node editor*
What do you think about Layers Node? This node converts frames sequence into
layers with the same odered names. Layers can be processed then with Mix or
Z combine nodes and flattened into one image. This node will allow creating
images (or animations) with different phases of objects movement, very long
fading traces and so on.

I hope my bad english did not confuse you.*
*And I'm ready to write detailed description on each proposition.