[Bf-funboard] Particle manipulation.

Janne Karhu jhkarh at utu.fi
Wed Apr 23 18:03:30 CEST 2008

I haven't checked on the current python integration to the particles, but
imho the best way would be to have a "particle manager" python script with
the presets and attributes you describe. At least I think it would be a
very easy solution although it may need some more python hooks to the
particle system (I know next to nothing about python).

With the script approach a user could even modify the preset styles or add
his/her own. If a "preset" system is hardcoded in to the particles it's
very difficult to modify afterwards, or even decide what are absolutely
correct presets for such a complex beast as the particle system in the
first place.

Even the colour issue is not so simple as we have a zillion different
material parameters that the user may want to change in order to get a
certain look. It's not just about red/black/brown hair or
brown/beige/green grass. With the python script this is solved as well as
the script can set all the needed material parameters and assign that to
the particles.

janne