[Bf-funboard] Render frame ranges/filenames

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 19:28:30 CEST 2008

Some scripts guess the filename blender writes to by working out the
maxframe etc, these scripts would need to be updated. however this is
trivial

Previously you had to do somthing like...

filename + str(frame).zfill(max(4, len(str(lastframe)))) + '.png'

its a lot nicer to just do...

filename + ('%.6d.png' % frame)

When upgrading versions of blender renderfarm maintainers should check
for changes in blender anyhow.

The fact blender wont play an image sequence in the order its rendered
is fairly bad, so I think its worth changing.

 - Cam