[Bf-funboard] Named Layer Feature

Robert Wenzlaff (AB8TD) rwenzlaff at soylent-green.com
Thu Oct 11 14:02:40 CEST 2007

On Wednesday 10 October 2007 17:20, David Bryant wrote:
>  My name is David Bryant and I've coded a new patch that enables Blender
> users to name or label scene layers.If there are some that have used the
> patch in their builds,I would like to get some feedback on it.The patch has
> been submitted to the patch tracker on page 4.

Named layers, while useful, are typically resisted by the development team.
Not because they aren't useful, but because they want to develop a
complete "layer management system" and don't want 20-30 piecemail additions
that they have to emulate/incorporate into the new system.

Unfortunately, no-one has stepped up to the plate to work on this.

The worst enemy of 'good' software, is software that
works 'good enough'.

       I prefer Rush to G. Gordon Liddy.
        After all, the Watergate Tapes
        can't hold a candle to either