[Bf-funboard] what big screen movies were made with blender?

Tom M letterrip at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 20:39:24 CET 2007

> On Nov 29, 2007 8:11 PM, Janek Kozicki <janek_listy at wp.pl> wrote:
> > When I recommend blender to someone, the best thing I can say is -
> > it's the best 3d modelling and visualisation software ever! Go and
> > watch .... movie, did you know it was made with blender?
> >
> > Am I a dreamer? Can you give me some titles?
> >
> > --
> > Janek Kozicki

As far as feature length films, Plumiferos will be a major showcase in
the future.  You can show them the trailer for it for now :)

Right now it is pretty much all animated shorts, or effects work on
indy feature length films.

Games there are also examples - but the titles I'm aware of that have
been high profile and use Blender are under NDA.

Except for indy work it might be a few years yet before you see
Blender popping up in movie credits since it was less than a year ago
that Blender became generally viable for such work, and only this
summer that documentation started to catch up with the feature set.
Probably this summer you will see much broader adoption of Blender due
to publicity from Peach, Plumiferos, aand Apricot and the improved
flexibility that Blender will have.

LetterRip