[Bf-funboard] A button to up a number at the end of the file before saving.

Ben Batt benbatt at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 02:20:08 CET 2007

On Nov 19, 2007 8:48 PM, Campbell Barton <ideasman42 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Has anyone noticed that this feature is in the tooltip? - (therefor
> not tooo indiscoverable) still, as addition of buttons wouldn't hurt I
> guess.

I think the fact that no-one has noticed that this feature is in the
tooltip suggests that it's still pretty undiscoverable. Seriously, why
would you read the tooltip for the filename box? Everyone knows what
the filename box does!

To me, the term "Discoverable" in this case would mean the user can
look at the window and go "oh, what does that button do?" and then
hover over it to get an explanatory tooltip (which also tells them the
corresponding shortcut key). Tooltips shouldn't be used to describe
additional functionality, they should just explain the functionality
of the item in question.

Just my $0.02 :-)
Ben