[Bf-funboard] Named Layers

Peter Haehnlein hidarikiki at gmx.net
Sun Nov 11 12:26:39 CET 2007

> Wow.  The key next to my right shift key is the "/".  I've never even
> heard of a shift-minus key before let alone hear that it toggles the
> 11th layer on and off.  How does toggling the 11th layer on and off make
> it possible to see one object in wire and shaded while other objects
> remain textured?  I tried it manually and as far as I can tell the whole
> 3D view is either shaded, textured, whatever.
>
> phong.

Hi Phong

You can reduce the drawtype of objects in the object buttons (F7key).

Your main drawmode is textured (uv-mapped planes are easier to adjust
and rotate than a background image).
The mesh you're modelling is in wireframe mode, so you can see the
reference images.

The trick is to put a linked copy of the mesh (alt-Dkey) on the 11th
layer which is shaded.

So by pressing shift-minuskey on a german keyboard, you are not
switching drawmodes, but you overlay a second (but identical) mesh with
another drawtype.

cheers

Haunt