[Bf-funboard] Seeing multiple IPO curves in IPO curve editor.

Sangwoo Hong sahngwoo at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 06:19:13 CET 2007

On Nov 10, 2007 9:05 PM, Matt Ebb <matt at mke3.net> wrote:

> I disagree, there are plenty of times where I've needed just this. It's
> not just about motion of objects, it's about  editing different *types* of
> curves, i.e. not just object ipo curves, but also constraints, materials,
> and path speed curves. If you're trying to sync the animation of multiple
> different types of things, it's currently a real hassle.

I would have to agree with Matt on this one.  I think my "two thousand"
object example was a bad bad bad example but any decent character rig worth
animating may have controls going in to the triple digits and multiple IPO
windows is just not going to work in this case.

What we need is both a multiple IPO view enabled curve editor AND a dope
sheet on top of it.  I love the key mode in the IPO editor but if multiple
IPOs were made viewable one wouldn't be able to tell which key belongs to
which IPO so a dope sheet view would be a must.

I'm slowly getting ready to do a LOT of character animation and this would
really REALLY make my life, and I'm sure everybody else's, much easier.
Love.  Yes.  Love would be very good.

phong.