[Bf-funboard] Feature request about proportional editing

Martin Poirier theeth at yahoo.com
Wed May 30 00:43:54 CEST 2007

Hi,

--- "Claudio \"malefico\" Andaur"
<malefico at manosdigitales.com> wrote:

> This afternoon I was remodelling a character (yeah,
> a bird in case you
> wonder) and found out that I needed proportional
> editing to be aware of
> seams, so those vertices beyond a seam (if that seam
> is closed) were not
> affected by proportional editing. Something like the
> Connected mode, but
> working on seams.
>
> I think this could be a feature others might enjoy
> as well, so if anyone
> is willing to work on it or discuss it here in the
> funboard, it'll be
> highly apreciated.

The transform core code can support this quite easily
through the same mechanism used to support Connected
PET. However, splitting connectivity based on seams is
the hard part here, right now, I'm having trouble
thinking of a fast way to do it.
If someone can think of an algo to do that, I'd be
more than willing to implement it.

Martin

to amazing places on Yahoo! Travel.
http://travel.yahoo.com/