[Bf-funboard] No Torus and some ideas (Snapping feature)

Martin Poirier theeth at yahoo.com
Thu May 17 03:56:21 CEST 2007

--- Patrik Andersson <patrik at linet.se> wrote:

> Martin Poirier wrote:
> > How would the offset be calculated in that case?
> Just
> > a distance offset to the snapping point? (that is,
> > snapping would stop a distance X before the point)
> >

> Just a distance offset to the snapping point, so you
> can orbit around
> the point.

> >> I think there is something wrong in the
> >> snapping-algorithm.
> >> If I move something in the diagonal direction,
> and
> >> want snap to
> >> something that it's in another Y-pos whule I'm
> >> locking the X-axis. It
> >> appears that the snapping-algorithm using the
> >> distance, not the
> >> coordinate, which make it wrong I think.
> >>

> > Please post a screenshot, I'm not sure I
> understand
> > what you think is going wrong.
> >

> Image of the scenario can be found at
> http://linet.se/blender/snapping.jpg

There's no bug there. To do what you defined as the
"correct" behavior, there would need to be two sets of
axis: the constraint axis (the blue line in your
screen shot. This is what you are locking to BTW, not
the X-axis) and an "align" axis (in this screenshot,
the Y-axis).

Once again, it's a matter of interface, ease of use
and bloatedness. There's a limit to cramming features,
at one point, there should be a separate tool.

Martin

Need Mail bonding?

!DSPAM:80,464bbaec56691877113893!