[Bf-funboard] Euler for animator, Quaternions for Blender

Bassam Kurdali bkurdali at freefactory.org
Thu May 10 21:52:10 CEST 2007

Personally I think the great divide between armatures and objects- what
they can do/can't do , etc. is *mostly* bad, and occasionally but not
always prevents doing some things , at least nicely. So I'm all for
having the same interface (and hopefully shared code) for doing
interpolation/display etc. , so long as it doesn't cause some huge
problems.
I'd like direct access to quats, in some cases for backwards
compatibility, and in others because I'm used to doing certain
operations in quat. And knowing how bugger-all annoying rotations can
get, I can't help (pessimist) thinking that I'm going to need it.
It might be good to keep quat access for programmatic / scripting
purposes, too.

btw, Eulers in complex rotation cases can get quite, quite horrible an
unintuitive too ;)