[Bf-funboard] Importing content

Campbell Barton cbarton at metavr.com
Sat Mar 31 04:56:49 CEST 2007

Stephen Swaney wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 30, 2007 at 12:38:49PM +1000, Campbell Barton wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> What do people think of centering & resizing the 3D view onto imported
>> content? - (Numpad Del key)
>
> I'm not convinced this is a good idea.  Especially if the same result
> is available with a single keystroke.  Unexpectedly changing the view
> violates the Principle of Least Surprise.
>
> This is another example of making it nice for someone with no clue
> while annoying the experienced user.
>
> Offering a choice between importing at the current cursor position vs
> preserving the original coordinates might be a better option

After hearing some discussion I tend to agree, Center cursor could be
useful in cases too could be annoying too.

Iv made scnen.objects.new() create objects in the active layer by
default so it works like adding blender objects..

Also Window.Get/SetActiveLayer() - which needs some discussion and may
removed.