[Bf-funboard] Importing content

Campbell Barton cbarton at metavr.com
Fri Mar 30 04:38:49 CEST 2007

Hi All,

What do people think of centering & resizing the 3D view onto imported
content? - (Numpad Del key)

I taught of this while pointing out that importers should not create
data into layers that aren't enabled in the 3D view - which is a common
oversight for importer scripts at the moment.

The rationale is that content from other files can have very different
scale then blender
(100's of times bigger or smaller)

So users may import it and not be able to find the content or think the
data didn't even import.

Even though the script really works, if it appears not to,
we still loose users confidence and they may not try the script again -
or tell others that blenders scripts are flaky.

Of course the problem with this is they might need to move the view back
to the content they were editing, and blender generally dosnt take
control of the user interface away from the user.

- Cam