[Bf-funboard] Re: Re: Adding Objects (settings)

GSR gsr.b3d at infernal-iceberg.com
Thu Mar 29 17:18:38 CEST 2007

Hi,
matt at mke3.net (2007-03-29 at 1815.35 +1000):
> >> An interactive preview of the item being added would be fantastic
> >Sounds tiny and thus not so visible neither controlable, or huge and
> >then not exactly a popup, but more like a window... why not just show
> >what you will get in plain 3d view, with live update?
>
> Exactly. If we're talking large scale projects, the best thing to do
> is get Blender working more non-destructively, with realtime
> updateshappening on the actual thing you're working on. I ranted about
> this at bconf :) [1]

I was just pointing plain mesh interactive creation. Parametric
objects would be nice but I see it as separate from "plain mesh" as if
you want to get a 8 side cylinder to start tweaking as mesh, you want
that, not get the parametric and have to convert... parametrics could
be a new type, btw, with Alt+C and so on like Text or Curves.

I think the biggest current issue is that button changes can not
update things in real time. For example in Nkey, click & drag changes
the Xpos value, and once you release, the object moves in the
views. Or sharpness control in the second video.

GSR