[Bf-funboard] Adding Objects (settings)

Campbell Barton cbarton at metavr.com
Thu Mar 29 10:18:32 CEST 2007

> On Thu, 29 Mar 2007, Cuby wrote:
>
>> Yeah, sounds like a good idea to me.  Not so sure about the radius
>> part though, as I get sick of going through to many options just to
>> create a Sphere or Cylinder.
>
> Eh? The default could just be left at 1, and you almost always need to
> scale
> anyway...

Adding an object and then scaling isnt totally straight fwd.

Since the width of a the default Cube is the gridsize*2 (2.0 in by default)

so if you want a cube to be 10,0 wide, add and scale by 5,
not complex but if you wanted it to be 0.5345 wide you couldent just
type that in the scale.

People are better off using the dimensions in the transform window for
this.

The default radius for a sphere, circle, cylinder is always 1.0, in the
popup,
Without changing anything the defaults have the same results as before I
added the buttons.