[Bf-funboard] FBX import-export

Campbell Barton cbarton at metavr.com
Wed Mar 28 14:15:37 CEST 2007

Hi, the guys at unity3d want blender3d to export FBX Iv had a look into
it and written a basic mesh exporter.- geometry, materials, textures,
normals, UV's.

no armatures or animation yet.

http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?t=92082

Heres a link to the script
http://projects.blender.org/viewcvs/viewcvs.cgi/blender/release/scripts/export_fbx.py?rev=HEAD&cvsroot=bf-blender&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

Im keeping it 2.43 compatible for now so people can test.

This dosnt solve the problem of writing an importer but Im happy just to
have an exporter for now.

- Cam