[Bf-funboard] Groups display behaviour

Roland Hess rolandh at reed-witting.com
Fri Mar 23 13:08:44 CET 2007

I call it a "lacking feature". This drove me nuts when working with
BlenderPeople, and I came to the same conclusion you did: max combined
draw type. I'm surprised there's any argument about that, as it's kind
of an obvious solution. I don't see any downside to implementing it either.

Of course, I wouldn't make it a userpref. Such a thing would be
controlled along with the DupliGroup controls: a "ForceDraw" button
would over-ride the user's carefully chosen drawtypes in the original
objects if they wanted to temporarily inspect a bound-boxed member of a
group without going to the master objects. This lets you control display
on an object-by-object basis.

A different approach would be to put the "ForceDraw" toggle with the
Group controls, allowing you to "Force" the duplis to display with the
original draw types on a group-by-group basis.

I prefer the former, but ymmv.

Roland