[Bf-funboard] Patch: A tiny bit of Layer manager

Alexander Ewering blender at instinctive.de
Fri Mar 23 10:51:58 CET 2007

Hi,

as I'm increasingly working with 3D stuff again in recent days, I've
*really* come to miss the layer manager in official CVS.
So, I've ported at least a tiny bit of it - in my opinion, one of the most
useful things: LAYER BUTTON COLORS.

- All layer buttons (3d view header, moveto-menu, object buttons) get
   drawn in different color shades depending on:

   - if they are empty or not
   - if an object in them is selected/active or not

This already dramatically improves workflow, as you can instantly see:

   - in which layer(s) the current object is
   - to which layer(s) you can safely move an object (empty ones)
   - which layers you don't need to care about (empty)

For your pleasure and consideration, here's the patch against current CVS
:-)

http://pub.instinctive.de/layercolors.diff

(I didn't submit it to the patch tracker because it's already full of great
stuff that gets ignored...)

Here's a screenshot:

http://pub.instinctive.de/layercolors.png