[Bf-funboard] Just out of interest: DEL and C

Doug Ollivier doug at mudpuddle.co.nz
Tue Mar 20 20:16:31 CET 2007

The thing with Del being delete.... is that it is 100% logical.
It may not be the easiest key to access for a user, but at t he same
time you don't want to bump delete in the middle of working (not that it
matters much with undo)

I think it should be left as is. customisable hot keys are a solution to
people. but leaving delete as delete is just logical, i can think of
worse hot keys to be changing.

The other argument is about the usefulness of the C key.  I think this
should be addressed separately to the Del key.  I too would think that C
could be changed to another function.  With blender changing so much,
and new features being added. the C key could be kept as a bit of a
spare for a rainy day (does sculpt mode have a access key like vertex
paint and face mode does?).

Doug Ollivier