[Bf-funboard] Blender Fullscreen in Linux

Kent Mein mein at cs.umn.edu
Tue Mar 20 16:56:18 CET 2007

> Im sure this has been raised before but is there any reason not to make
> blender start in windowed more for linux?
>
> All others OS's start windowed, and new users especially wont know to
> run Blender with -w, let alone launch it from the command line.
>
> How about we make -w default (-w will be ignored), and if users want to
> run fullscreen they can use -fs

I wouldn't have a problem with this, I have an alias setup so that I
always open blender in a window.  I also think that most linux
users are use to applications starting up non fullscreen, and if
every other platform starts up windowed I think its a good idea to change it.
(Especially if it removes a couple of lines of code in the source, simpler
is better)

If its not changed I can live with that though too. ;)

Kent